One of my absolute favorite things about fall is the Apples! Since I was 5 years old, every year I’ve gone to the same apple orchard with my mom and picked apples. Maybe part of my love for apples is the fact that 17 years later I just scheduled this years trip, or maybe it’s because I’ve always been a closet Vegan so I just love fruit! Either way nothing beats a good honey crisp apple during the Fall!
This year one big difference is that I have my own little food blog and I love to cook more then ever, so I decided that I need to create some apple recipes! So I apologize in advance if there are too many apple recipes over the next couple months – but I’m going to have 10-20+ pounds of apples coming into my house so I have to do SOMETHING with them!
Today I want to share with you a recipe for Caramel Apple Pancakes that I created! Since going vegan I’ve passed on caramel apples 2 years in a row – but NOT this year! These pancakes are fluffy, moist, and of course they taste like caramel apples! Super simple, super delicious, and so yummy! I hope you enjoy!
- 1-2 Honey Crisp Apples, Chopped into Small Pieces
- ½ Cup Apple Juice (I used Fresh Squeezed)
- 1 Cup Dates, Soaked 4-6 Hours
- 2 tsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Of Oat Flour (Just Blend/Process 1 Cup of Oats)
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ Cup Apple Juice
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Cup Caramel Apple Mix
- In a large bowl whisk together the pancake ingredients except the caramel apple mix. Be carful not to over whisk, a few lumps are okay and will keep the pancakes fluffy.
- Let the batter stand for 10 minutes to thicken up.
- While the batter is thickening place the chopped apples into a pot and pour over the apple juice, cook over low heat for 2-4 minutes, mixing throughout, until softened but not mushy.
- Drain the apples.
- In a food processor combine the dates, peanut butter, vanilla, and lemon juice and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the caramel sauce and the apples together and cover to keep the heat in.
- Put the ¾ cup of caramel apple mix into the pancake batter and fold to combine.
- Cook the batter into 3-4 inch pancakes on in a pan over medium high heat, or on high heat on a griddle.
- Stack up the pancakes, throw some caramel apple mix and maple syrup on top and enjoy!
You don't HAVE to oil the pan before you throw them on, but it will help just a bit! And if they fold when you flip the pancakes, don't sweat it - they don't have to look pretty to taste delicious!
Save some of the caramel apple mix in a jar to enjoy later - it tastes great with a little peanut butter on a sandwich! (A dessert sandwich)!
Let me know what you think of these pancakes! Do you need more Vegan breakfast recipes for your home?
What other things do you like to eat for breakfast?