Is anyone else out there a tornado of destruction when the step into the kitchen?
Try as I might to be “clean and tidy” when I work on a recipe, I feel like I spend hours cleaning up the mess that I’ve created. (It doesn’t help that I’m a “soaker” of dishes and not an instant washer!)
I spent some time over the weekend thinking about ways that I could work on my clean cooking strategy. I came up with only one solution… a one pot meal. My thought process is that if only one piece of cookware – other then measuring cups and spoons – to cook the dish, then I only have to clean one dish when I’m done.
That theory did not hold up – but cooking was much quicker and easier than it normally is!
I almost called this one pot mac and cheese – but it doesn’t really hit all the requirements I have for mac and cheese. It was rich and creamy – but it didn’t have that distinct “cheeziness” factor I look for. Instead all the flavors work together to make almost a spicy cream sauce. It does have some nooch in it though (and with the rate and frequency I’ve been using nooch – I’m going to be turning orange soon haha!)
Can I also tell you a little secret? I kind of hate tomatoes…like the flavor just never worked for me! But I know how much other people love them so I decided to give them another chance to win me over in this recipe.
On the first bite, I was in heaven! This recipe CHANGED the way I feel about cherry tomatoes – so I’ll be experimenting a LOT with cherry tomatoes in the future!
So just to review:
- This recipe is simple and easy to make – and only takes one pot! (But that didn’t keep MY kitchen clean haha)
- It will transform the way you feel about tomatoes (or maybe that’s just me!)
- One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta takes just 30 minutes to create!
So break out a big pot, chop up your ingredients, and in 30 minutes you will have a delicious creamy meal ready to enjoy!
- 1 Box (12 oz) Whole Wheat Pasta
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Almond Milk
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ¾ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Mustard Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Prep the ingredients by chopping the onions, halving the tomatoes, and mincing the garlic
- Place the liquid ingredients and spices into the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is thickened, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Try using Sun Dried tomatoes for a unique flavor change.
Feel free to add in tempeh or coconut bacon for extra "meatiness"!
Do you like “One Pot” or “30 Minute” Meals?
Is there one food that going vegan helped you learn to love – like tomatoes for me?