With October in full swing I decided it was time for a pumpkin recipe – and one of my all time favorite pumpkin dishes (before I started the vegan life) was pumpkin pie! I decided it was time to make a fun vegan version of the Fall favorite!
That being said I usually cook for one – and a pumpkin pie will be gone in a day or two if I’m left to my own devices – so that was out! I decided that I need to create a pumpkin pie recipe that I could split up and still indulge in. l also didn’t want to have to bake anything (maybe just having a lazy day haha) so I came up with the idea of No Bake Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Squares!
This week I am also on vacation – so I’ve been treating myself just a bit, so this isn’t the cleanest or the healthiest recipe you’re going to find on my site – but I think that it’s okay to enjoy yourself from time to time!
This recipe is simple to make, it is no bake, and is tastes delicious! The trifecta for desserts! So, I hope you enjoy!
- 1 Cup Non-Diary Chocolate Chips,
- ½ Cup Accidentally Vegan Ginger Snaps*, Crumbled in a Food Processor
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 15oz Can Pumpkin (NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 1 Cup Oat Flour, Just Grind up 1 Cup of Oats
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper - trust me you're going to thank me for this!
- Melt the chocolate chips in a large bowl with the coconut oil - I like to create a makeshift double boiler but putting a large glass pyrex bowl on top of a small pot of boiling water.
- Mix in the crumbled ginger snap cookies, and fold the chocolate and cookies together.
- Pour the chocolate cookie mix into the 8x8 pan and press it down with a spatula into an even crust.
- Put the Crust into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- While the crust is setting whisk together the almond milk and the coconut sugar in a small bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds, the whisk again so it's well dissolved.
- Combine all the pumpkin filling ingredients (including the almond milk and sugar) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Once the crust is set, spread the filling over the crust and even it out so it's a nice smooth layer.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Lift out the the entire batch by the parchment paper, cut into 8 squares and enjoy!
If you prefer to use a liquid sweetener like maple syrup instead of coconut sugar, omit the almond milk.
Want to shake it up? Try using a totally different crust, or leave the cookies whole for a tiled crust effect!
Some pre-made graham cracker crusts are vegan, this is a lower calorie filling then most recipes, so you could use it as a complete no bake pie!
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?
What is your favorite part about the Fall?