What a heck of a month! Like seriously, just a week ago I had No Facebook page, and 30 days ago I would have KILLED to have 500 people visit this site in ONE MONTH! Well I can happily say that I’m more than 800% more people seeing my site, I’ve had over 400 pins of my recipes in July, and The No Fuss Vegan Facebook Page shot up to 750 likes in just a few short days! HOWEVER – I OWE YOU A BIG THANK YOU! None of this would have been possible without the many amazing people who are reading my blogs and trying out my recipes!
Seriously – while I’m loving how this site is growing, I’m so grateful to all of you who are reading it and sharing the recipes! When you email me, post on Facebook, or share your experiences with my recipes, I feel so amazing and filled with gratitude and joy! You are all helping me spread my love and the joy of vegan cooking, and for that I will be forever grateful!
After so many amazing things happened during the month of July I decided it was time to CELEBRATE! And there is no better way to celebrate then with a delicious cake! The Recipe is a total overhaul of basic chocolate cake designed to be white sugar free, oil free, and 100% delicious!
Now I was planning on using a frosting recipe I had found from Mayim Bialik – whom you may know as Amy Farrah Fowler from the Big Bang Theory! Yup, she’s a vegan and she even has her own cookbook! But after discovering I was missing a key ingredient for her chocolate frosting, I decided to create a maple peanut butter mousse frosting to top the coffee cake based off a recipe she had shared once before! Mousse is the best word I can use – but it isn’t a traditional light and airy mousse it’s more… well you’ll see!
Now – as with most vegan cakes – this is a pretty dense cake – in fact making them in my new Ramekins from Pier 1 (I was so excited to get these!) they came out more like muffins! HOWEVER, they are cake at heart so they are going to stay cake for the sake of my recipe haha!
Also, be careful with the vegan peanut butter mouse, it’s pretty addictive and I was actually enjoying a few spoon fulls – shhhh don’t tell – after I found out a had a little bit left over. It’s DELICIOUS! Ready to make this awesome dessert?
- 1 Small Avocado
- 3 Flax Eggs, (3 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed + ⅓ cup water)
- ⅔ Cup Dark Brewed Coffee
- ⅔ Cup Almond Milk
- ⅔ Cup Apple Sauce
- 1 Cup Dates
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup (Or Agave)
- Optional: 1 tsp ground Coffee
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ⅔ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Package Firm Silken Tofu (12.3 oz)
- ¼ Cup Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Mix the ingredients for the flax eggs (3 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed + ⅓ cup water) and place them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine all the wet ingredients - including the flax eggs - for the cake together in a high powered blender and continue to blend until fairly smooth. The color will be VERY unappealing but don't worry it's going to get better.
- While the wet ingredients are blending, place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Whisk the dry and the wet ingredients together, be sure to combine them well so you don't have anything dry left in the bowl. You should be left with a fairly thick batter!
- Spray Ramekins or a cake pan with some no-stick spray or oil (skip this step to keep the final product oil free, just line a cake pan with parchment paper).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, checking frequently!
- Allow the cake to cool a little bit before frosting to prevent the frosting from getting runny!
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined
- Top the cake with the mousse and Enjoy!
Don't want peanut butter frosting? Try using other sweet flavors like cherries or non-dairy chocolate chips!
I’m always looking for new suggestions – what would you like to see from this site? What types of recipes are you DYING to have veganized?